Friday, January 2, 2015

New for 2015! The Psalms in Greek!

As many of you know who follow me, I didn't put up very many blogs in 2014 as I've been busy with many things.  But, I will be putting up weekly blogs on the Greek Psalms starting this weekend.  I won't comment all every Psalm, but we'll hit many important ones while focusing on how they where used in the New Testament, and also paying close attention to the eschatology of the Psalms.

I also have a personal goal to created a English Psalter from the Greek Psalter.  Details on that will be forth coming, but it is something that I've wanted to do for quite some time.

It's will be a great year.  Tune in!

Teaser!

Psalms 1

Happy is the man who didn’t go in the counsel of the ungodly
and didn’t stand in the way of sinners
and didn’t sit on the seat of pestilences.
but rather, his will is in the law of the Lord, 
and he will meditate day and night in his law.
He will be like the tree which has been planted along side the springs of waters,
which will give its fruit in its due time,
and will not shed its leaves;
and all things, as much as he does, he will prosper.
Not so are the ungodly, not so!
But rather, they are like the dust which the wind has driven away from the face of the earth.
For this reason, the ungodly will not rise up in judgement
nor will the sinners in the counsel of the righteous,
because the Lord knows the way of the righteous,

and the way of the ungodly will perish. (My Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment